Winifred Berge is a passionate crafts lover and a devoted preschool educator. She holds a degree in Art Education and is a firm believer in integrating arts and crafts into her teaching curriculum. Winifred is convinced that art allows children to express their emotions and learn about their environment in a stimulating and enjoyable manner.
Hey there! I'm so glad you asked about fun learning apps for preschoolers. As a preschool teacher and craft enthusiast, I'm always on the lookout for engaging and educational resources. Here are some of the best preschool learning apps that I recommend:
1. ABCmouse: This app is a fantastic all-in-one learning platform for preschoolers. It covers a wide range of subjects, including reading, math, science, and art. With interactive games, songs, and puzzles, ABCmouse keeps kids entertained while they learn.
Key Features of ABCmouse App
|Reading||Phonics games||Alphabet songs||Letter matching puzzles|
|Math||Number recognition games||Counting songs||Shape sorting puzzles|
|Science||Animal habitat games||Nature songs||Puzzle of the solar system|
|Art||Coloring games||Songs about colors||Puzzle of famous artworks|
2. Khan Academy Kids: Developed by experts in early learning, Khan Academy Kids offers a variety of activities that promote literacy, math, and social-emotional skills. The app features engaging characters and interactive lessons that make learning enjoyable for young children.
3. PBS Kids Games: PBS Kids is a trusted name in children's programming, and their app offers a collection of educational games based on popular shows like Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Sesame Street. Kids can learn letters, numbers, problem-solving, and more through fun and familiar characters.
4. Endless Alphabet: This app is perfect for teaching preschoolers their ABCs. It introduces them to letter sounds and vocabulary through interactive puzzles and animations. The colorful and quirky monsters in Endless Alphabet make learning letters a blast!
5. Toca Life World: Toca Boca is known for their open-ended play apps, and Toca Life World is no exception. Kids can explore different virtual worlds, create their own stories, and engage in imaginative play. This app encourages creativity, problem-solving, and storytelling skills.
6. Sago Mini World: Sago Mini World offers a collection of mini-games designed to spark creativity and critical thinking in preschoolers. Kids can go on adventures, solve puzzles, and play dress-up with adorable characters. The app promotes exploration and imaginative play.
7. Dr. Panda Town: Dr. Panda Town is a virtual playset where kids can role-play and explore different professions and environments. From being a chef to a firefighter, children can engage in imaginative play while learning about different occupations and responsibilities.
Remember, while these apps are a great supplement to preschool learning, they should not replace hands-on activities and real-life experiences. It's important to find a balance between screen time and other forms of play.
I hope you find these apps as fun and educational as I do! They are sure to keep your little ones engaged and excited about learning. Happy exploring!